Back from WebVisions in Portland and I have a lot to write about – but I need to catch up on work today. I will say that while we liked Portland pretty well (it was our first visit), I am too addicted to Colorado sunshine to ever consider living in the Northwest… We had about 6-7 hours of sun during the week we were there. Never saw Mt. Hood and we were hoping too. More later.
Tag: webvisions portland 2008
WebVisions is coming up this week in Portland, Oregon. This will be my first time in Portland (or Oregon, for that matter) and the first web conference I’ve attended since starting my own business in 2005.
I’m looking through the session schedule, trying to determine which ones I’ll go to. I think I need a clone – it would certainly help. But for now I’ve narrowed it down to:
- The Importance of Emotional Connections in Web Design
- Green Tech panel or Design for Video Game Marketing (!)
- Social Media Strategies for Creatives or Responsible Web Design or Bleeding Edge RSS or Design is in the Details (here’s where I need three clones)
- Drupal or User Experience Best Practices or Complementing IA with Instructional Design for Memorable Web Experiences
- Going Fast on the Slow Mobile Web or Visual & Creative Thinking
- Open Source panel or CSS Transformation
- Getting Started with Rails
- What You Need to Know about IE8 and Standards
I guess I should check out the speakers for each of the ones I’m not sure about and make a decision based on who they are and what they do. But that’s not to say my schedule won’t change at the last minute if I hear something interesting…