Today I installed and set up AjaXplorer for an illustrator client who needs to allow his own clients to easily upload and download documents from his FTP site.

The install was very fast; setup was longer – it took me a little while to get exactly what I needed to be doing in setting up repositories/file directories, but in the documentation I found simple instructions for creating user-specific directories on the fly.

So you create one repository for all client files, and folders are created automatically per username. Very nice.

The backend is clean and pretty intuitive, moreso on the client side than the admin side. Setting up users and directories is easy and the documentation is fairly thorough. I did find an active forum which is usually a good sign with open source software. I’ll use AjaXplorer again.