This morning I spent a few hours make some adjustments to my reseller hosting:
- I changed plans to quarterly and updated pricing based on the new billing frequency;
- I updated the hosting plan tables in both my studio website and hosting site to reflect the new pricing, and also to update some of the offerings my host now has, such as additional software on the server;
- I rewrote the text on my studio site to focus more on the value of having the web designer/developer also host the website;
- I modified some text on the hosting site to reflect new prices and new specs from the host.
I also discovered that WHMCS had a new release – I’d noticed that there was a problem in one of the portal template pages, but the upgrade took care of it. Oh – and I noticed that my host is offering a free guide to reseller hosting, a big PDF download, so I got a copy of that.
I wrote up a short page to give to new clients describing why I’d like them to choose my hosting services:
- All hosts do things a little differently and I will bill at the hourly rate to work on unfamiliar servers;
- I won’t be able to easily contact their hosting support if needed;
- Most important, I host my own business sites and know how reliable my services are.
This effort is just a part of the wide-ranging ‘business mod’ that I’m working my way through. I’m confident I’ll have a much tighter process in place when I finish in the next couple of months.