In a previous post I related an issue going on with my XP Pro-based machine yesterday, where the system font used in most app dialogs was suddenly larger and bolder. I posted a message on a group I belong to and got a great reference that helped me fix my XP font problem.
I followed the author’s Approach 3 and it worked like a charm. Here it is in shorthand:
- Right-click on the desktop then click on Properties.
- Go to the Settings tab and click on Advanced.
- On the General tab, click the dropdown menu for DPI Setting and change it to 75% in the dialog box that pops up.
- Restart the computer when prompted.
- After restarting, do the same sequence of tasks and reset the DPI Setting to 100%.
- Restart again when prompted.
This worked perfectly and thank God I didn’t have to reinstall XP Pro.